What we offer
Some of the conditions that we treat are the following:
- Anxiety, depression and other debilitating psychological problems and medical conditions (like HIV/AIDS, hypertension etc.)
- Grief and loss, crisis and trauma;
- Relationship problems- working with couples / partners / fiancés
- Sexual and marital problems;
- Developmental disabilities like mental retardation and childhood problems, like bedwetting and conduct disorders
Through a team of Registered Counsellors & Clinical Psychologists, we are able to provide counselling & support to Individuals and Groups that are victims of traumatic situations such as:
- Armed robbery
- Sexual abuse
- Accidents & deaths
- Life-threatening diseases and illnesses.
Our professional team also provides comprehensive Employee wellness services that promote mental health and build healthy workplaces
Ms Sodi, one of our clinical psychologists, is accredited by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (ABIME) as being Proficient in the use of the American Medical Association (AMA) Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. She also obtained a Certificate for successfully completing a course on The Foundations of Medico-Legal Practice, awarded by the University of Cape Town (UCT) and the South African Medico-Legal Association (SAMLA).
Our focus areas include:
- 3rd Party claims (e.g. Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)/ Road Accident Fund (RAF) and Worker Compensation). This may involve among others: clinical evaluations for post MVA trauma and psychopathological impact; personality and intellectual assessments; and neuropsychological evaluations;
- Domestic issues (e.g. We do assessments for child custody and marriage dissolution)
- Civil competencies (e.g. Competency to make treatment decisions, competency to handle finances);
• Competencies relating to criminal cases (e.g. To determine specific intent, diminished capacity, competency to stand trial and sentencing).
We conduct psychometric assessments for:
- Personal development
- Career pathing and development